Where are my MakeHuman files found (where is my HOME directory)?
- On windows, your files are usually in “MY DOCUMENTS”\makehuman\v1py3
- On linux, your files are usually in “~/Documents/makehuman/v1py3” or “~/makehuman/v1py3”
The longer story, with special cases:
The [BASE] folder location for saving MakeHuman user data depends on your operating system (Windows, Linux, OSX, etc..). In the guide below, replace
Here is the basic guide to finding the [BASE] folder on your operating system:
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10: c:/Users/
- Linux: /home/
/ or simply ~/ (in 1.2.0 alpha 2 and later, the base folder has been moved to /home/ /Documents)
- Mac OSX: /Users/
- MakeHumanPortable (all Windows versions): X:\PortableApps\MakeHumanPortable\AppData (where X: is the drive letter of your removable device)
Your [BASE] folder, by default, contains an “asset folder” called “makehuman”''' which will, in turn, contain a subfolder named ‘v1’ for MH version 1.X.X releases. The ./makehuman/v1/ subfolder contains a series of additional subfolders containing your personal MakeHuman asset files: ‘‘‘backgrounds, cache, data, exports, grab, models, and render.
The ./models/ folder will contain the .mhm model’’’ files you “save”. The ./exports/ folder will contain the files you “‘‘‘export’''” in .dae (collada), .fbx, .mhx2, .obj, or .stl formats. The ./backgrounds/ folder is where you can place ‘‘‘background reference images’’’ to use in model construction. The ‘‘‘data folder’'’, itself, contains many subfoders. The ./data/… subfolders are where you will find ‘‘‘clothes and other proxy objects that you import using the asset manager.
- On Windows systems, “Documents” is subject to internationalization.
For older/deprecated versions of Windows you may find the [BASE]/makehuman/v1/ subfolder here:
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP and 2003: c:\Documents and Settings<username>
- Microsoft Windows NT: